
This happened last week, but I have to post this before I post the rest of the story that unfolds so that I can capture all the drama...
Jared had the most traumatic game of the season last Friday...
The boys were on fire! They were first up to bat and they had already scored five runs. Jared's turn. He gets hit in the back with the ball--HARD! He bawls as he walks to first. Bases are now loaded. The next player goes up to bat. The catcher misses the ball. First base coach tells Jared to run. Only, the kids on second and third stay put. Jared is caught in the middle. He is still sobbing from his injury. He doesn't know where to go. It was like a slow motion bad dream. My heart was absolutely aching for my poor son! That was the third out of the inning. The Coach felt so bad! He went up to Jared, made sure he was okay and assured him that it was it was not his (Jared's) fault. Jared couldn't stop crying. That ball really hit him hard and was stinging for days. Well, they won the game by a landslide, despite the trauma.
Can I just tell you how proud I was of Jared that night!! Even though he was hurting, he stayed in there (even though he wanted to go home!). His team especially needed him that night because they were short a player. It would have been an automatic out if he wouldn't have gone up to bat. He went up to bat (still crying, stood back from the plate and just stood there--he was able to walk to first. This is such a big deal because the next kid that went up was able to make a great hit!! It kept the momentum going for the rest of the game.
I'm just so proud of my boy!! Way to go Jared!!!
p.s. This picture was taken right before he went up to bat (before he got hit).
No comments:
Post a Comment