




















There is no place that I would rather be for the 4th of July than in Provo. There is nothing like the Freedom Festival to get you in that patriotic mood and swell your heart with pride! There are so many things to do and see. We were able to go to Children's Parade (forgot to take my camera to this one...), Colonial Days, the Grand Parade and Ellis Island in the Park. A total fun filled couple weeks!
Let me tell you, the Grand Parade rivals the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade! There were so many excellent floats and entries this year. Spencer makes it his mission every year to stake claim on a spot along the parade route. This year I dropped him off at about 4:15 a.m. because there is a new city ordinace as to when you can set up. In years past he has set up a couple days before the parade! It is such a fun family tradition that we have been able to share over the years with out of town family and family here!
I started taking pictures about half way thru the parade, so this is a mere sampling of things that I liked. Do you see Glenn Beck? (Spencer loves him!) MTC Missionaries? Underdog? I also loved the Springville marching bands uniforms--so patriotic!
Independance day always gets me choked up. Especially the years that my brother Jon has been in Iraq (like this one). I am so proud to be an American!! I am so greatful for my freedoms and those who have defended them. I know it doesn't come free! I love our Nations Flag, it is so beautiful! And I am so proud of my sweet husband, my dear patriot, who is so passionate about our counry! Let Freedom RING!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!
No comments:
Post a Comment