Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wishing I were there...


Hanna is at the Temple for the first time doing babptisms for the dead. I remember my first temple trip! I lived in Florida at the time and the Atlanta, GA temple was the closest one. We stopped off at St. Augustine beach on the way up and most of us got severe sunburns. I remember the friction of those polyester jumpsuits on my tender back, and yet I felt so joyful and willing to suffer through to do the work for those who have gone on before. OH, how I wish I were there with her right now! She got her recommend shortly after she turned 12 and I have been wanting to take her since then. But, with my insane work schedule, I find myself staying in bed until 10:00 Saturday mornings most of the time... so sad.

Well, we will keep trying! I am so happy for her and can't wait for her to come home to tell me about it!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've not been able to go with any of mine either......cuz they're boys. :) I BETTER get to go with Kirsten. :D

Richard & Natalie said...

Such a beautiful pic of the 2 of you! I hope she has a wonderful experience and that you get to go soon with her. In not too long you'll be able to take Jared too.

Chastina said...

I'm glad she was able to go!

Kirsten said...

Hanna looks so much like you. What a cute girl. Samantha has gotten to go to the temple a few times now and loves it every time.

Hanna said...

I love u mom!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥