




Today is my birthday! I'm twenty-four! (again!) I woke up to Hostess raspberry dougnuts (as is our custom)and birthday balloons--Thanks Spencer, my sweetheart! I feel like it was last week, though. I got myself a bike! It's a pink Cadillac -Isn't it pretty! I have had fun this last week taking the kids on bike rides on the river trail. It has been so good to get out and feel like I'm doing some kind of exercise! Tonight Spencer is going to take me out to dinner. It looks like we will be going to Red Lobster. Kelsy Nixon (our favorite)from this seasons Food Network Star show won this last weeks challenge and has her menu item is featured at Red Lobster. It is (I believe) a Mahi Mahi with a white chocolate sauce. Looks really good, and we want to try it!
Hanna has been gone this week at camp (kind of like Natures Classroom when I was her age). She comes home tomorrow and I can't wait! I have really missed her! I have been unbelievably outnumbered without her! I can't wait to hear about all of her adventures and see all the crafts that she has made.
Jared's baseball team finished the season in 2nd place and are now in the tournament part of the season. Jared started out the season very strong, but he got hit by the ball pretty hard a couple of times up to bat and he became very fearful of the ball. Despite his fears, he has stayed in there and done his best. After about two games after the worst ball in the back incident, he stopped jumping back at every pitch, and he is now back to swinging at the ball. It has been great to watch him!
Owen's last eye appointment didn't go as well as I'd hoped and he is still wearing his eye patch for four to six hours a day. There was some improvemnet, but not enought to eliminate the patch. Darn it! But despite, Owen is doing his best to endure. He is such a trooper!
My sister is coming for a visit this Sunday! I can't wait! We are going to have so much fun. The kids love to have their cousins visit!
Picture #1 is of the kids and Spencer on Father's Day. He truely is the best dad in the world!
Pic#2 is our garden this year. Why did I plant so many radishes??? Nobody likes to eat them (but the dog), well they sure do make for a pretty picture!
Pic #3-5 are pics from one of our bike rides!
3 comments:
TAMRA!
I found your blog and its so fun to read and catch up with your family. I have to tell you that I am jealous of the Pink Cadillac
Happy Belated Birthday! I actually did think "Oh, Tamra's birthday is this week!" Sounds like you had a good one! Glad the family is taking care of you and your new bike is really cute!
Cute bike! Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry I totally spaced that one. Did Alen call you? Anyway, good to see you had a great day. I hope you enjoyed Red Lobster.
Post a Comment