Monday, December 17, 2007

More pictures from post...



Okay, there is a limit of five per post today... (sorry about the crummy choir concert picture. I was in the back... Can you see Hanna and Jared?)

Here is the picture of Hanna and her piano teacher Grandma at the Chistmas piano recital, and a tempting picture of my cookies. You know you want one! Here is the recipe so that you can make them for yourself if you would like!

Rolo Cookies
For the dough-
Cream together the following:
1 c. butter (or marg.)
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
add and mix:
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
add and mix dry ingredients:
2 3/4 c flour
3/4 c cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. chopped pecans

For the filling:
1 bag of rolos (or you can try any mini candy bar type thing)

For the topping-
mix together:
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 TBSP sugar

For the drizzle:
4 oz. white chocolate

*make the dough. Take 1 TBSP of dough and wrap around one rolo. Dip into topping and set on cookie sheet. Repeat... Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes, until they crackle on top. Cook and drizzle with melted chocolate.

ENJOY! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I've had those before. They are so yummy!!! We miss you guys. Have a Merry Christmas!

HOWARD'S said...

I wish we could have been there for the choir concert and Hanna's piano recital. I bet they were fun. The gingerbread houses look great. We did ours on Monday with David and Kristi so look for pictures on our blog. The cookies look yummy! I've never heard of your famous cookies so maybe I'll try and make them. Merry Christmas everyone! Did you or your Mom get our presents? My brother was gonna bring them done to you.

Alisa said...

Thanks for the recipe...gotta' be a winner with rolos in it. I'm sorry about your finger...I hope it's feeling better. My fingers always get cracked during winter...and even that is debilitated when you are trying to type. It hurts like the dickens, so I can only imagine how you're feeling. Take care...we'll see you in Saturday.