




Well it has been such a busy, exciting December already. Can't believe that Santa will be her in 8 short sleeps! Sooo exciting! Here are some highlights of our month so far...
Of course, the gingerbread houses. My mom's is the fancy one. She has so much fun making a special one every year. I told her she should do one for the festival of trees next year. (for those who don't know, the festival of trees is a fund raising event for the Primary Children's Hospital. People donate decorated trees, gingerbread houses and even other things of value and they are sold to the highest bidder)
The kids are really starting to get creative with their houses, it is so fun to watch them decorate (and eat) them!
We have had some good snow this month. Great for building snowmen! I din't get a picture of the kids snowman, but I did get a shot of Spencer and the kids shoveling a neighbors driveway! So sweet!
Hanna and Jared are both in the choir at school. They had their Christmas concert and did a great job. They liked singing "Santa your too fat" to the tune of "Jingle Bells." Don't personally like that selection myself. But the kids had great fun singing it... (Don't kids sing that already without help from the choir director!? I just don't like songs like that. I like to hear songs that celebrate the reason for the season at a concert! Bah-Humbug!)
This last Saturday, Hanna had her piano recital. She played the First Noel. It was a beautiful piece and she played it very well. We were so proud! Owen was so cute. He wanted to help pass out programs. He has no fear approaching people. He would walk right up to people and hand them a program before they had a chance to get to him.
Today I have been doing some holiday baking. I made my famous rolo cookies. They are the best cookies in the world! My absolute favorite. I only make them once a year at Christmastime and I share them with my neighbors and friends.
I hope to get to my Christmas cards this week, too... We shall see...
Merry Christmas!!
1 comment:
Your Mother's gingerbread house just puts mine to shame..lol..when we get to host her for Christmas she is going to have to teach me how to make real gingerbread and do a cool house like that! And MAN HANNAH looked so pretty! Mikey and Cody are missing Jared like crazy and we really wish we could see you guys. MERRY CHRISTMAS! Jon says to tell you he loves you all and Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment