Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Christmas 2007








Finally getting around to posting about Christmas...

We had an amazing Christmas! Santa sure knows what is best! I am just overwhelmed by how blessed we are! Christmas is just so magical with the kids being the ages that they are. They were sooo excited! In fact, I get so excited that I woke up at about 5am and couldn't go back to sleep because I knew the kids were already downstairs surveying what Santa brought. Spencer and I just couldn't stay in bed past 6am, so we got up and let the festivities begin! I think we were the only ones with our lights on that early...

Santa brought us just what we were asking for! Spencer wanted the new Glen Beck book, I wanted something from Ann Taylor, Hanna wanted a guitar, Jared wanted a Nintendo DS, and Owen wanted Magnetics. Score!

Later that morning, my mom came over to visit. She had spent Christmas Eve and morning at Sherilee's. We had a good visit for a bit, and then we were off to Spencer's parent's. All the "O" kids got together to put the old 8mm home videos onto DVD for thier parents big present. (I included pictures of their reaction for Mike's benefit) We spent the afternoon watching them. It was a riot! I truely wish we had enough film on camera to record the commentary. I got to see Spencer as a baby! It was so fun. Jared is a little replica of his dad!!

Enjoy the pics! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

~Our Rockabilly Army Lives~ said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Miss you guys!

HOWARD'S said...

I love your Mother-in-law's reaction! That is priceless!

Alisa said...

I love Christmas, too, when the kids open things you know they have been wanting. I haven't posted Christmas pics yet, but soon, hopefully. Good luck with the homeschooling. If you learn any good tricks for teaching and reviewing math facts (+,-,X, division) let me know. My 3rd grader is still struggling. Thanks!