

I've had better weeks.
I did something incredible stupid. On wednesday at scouts, I got lazy. We were making drums. I had all the materials cut and ready to go. One of the boys didn't have a #10 can for the drum, so I tried to improvise the materials to fit the can he had. So, I tried to stab a hole in the canvas with dull-tipped sissors. Bad idea. I was pushing pretty hard and slipped. Those darn sissors went right thru my finger! Blood gushed all over the boy's projects. I grabbed my finger and headed straight to the sink. After inspecting the damage and rinsing it off a little, I realized how bad it was. I started to get lightheaded and felt the blood drain from my face. I sat down. That fast, I had the other leader over to me and one of the boys dads from next door. I was trying to be so brave. Next thing I know I am comming to. I had passed out! The last two times I did that is when I was collage-age trying to donate plasma for money (They told me not to come back...). This time I came out of it pretty freaked out. I started to cry and shake uncontrollably. Pretty embarrasing... Apparently, when I was passing out, one of the other boys was on the phone with his mom telling her she needed to come over RIGHT NOW! (She was/is a nurse before she stayed home to be a mom/nurse) Anyway, while she was on the phone with him, she tells me that she heard the other leader say, "she's passing out!" in the background. So, she stopped asking questions and came right over. She confirmed that I probably needed stitches... So, Rhonda drove me home. Spencer made dinner and afterward he took me to instacare.
I have four stitches, a very sore arm from a tetnis shot, and a dozen Kneaders cookies from Spencer for being so brave. (I shared some with the family when we got home, and stuck the rest in the freezer so that I would only eat one a day!) I was so disappointed that they didn't give me a Snoopy sticker from the shot. It really hurt! Not to mention after a bill for exactly $291.00, I deserve it!
Today, has been a frustrating day, as well. Owen had his specialist eye appointment today. We were there all morning! Turns out, the prescription he got from Costco was wrong. So, I have to go thru all the hassle of getting the glasses replaced. Bad news is that he is officially legally blind in his left eye. Good new is that it is fixable--only if we can get him to keep an eyepatch on his good eye from, "one hour after he wakes up until one hour before he goes to bed for as long as it takes." We will see how far we've come in six weeks... I came home to a disaster. Spencer is working all day today -- again(on Saturday). Our medical savings fund is in the negatory now. So lets just say I want to cry...
I feel a little better. I've had my pitty party. Thanks for enduring my whining. It took me forever to type, too--with my gimpy clumsy hand. My cookie was yummy!
It's Christmastime and despite all, "It's a Beautiful Life!!!" And it snowed today! So pretty! I do have something to look foward to today! In about an hour, I am heading to my moms to do gingerbread houses with the kids! Always so fun! I'm sure that (and about 600mg of ibuprofen) will make this a great day!
To think I almost stopped there without a word about our wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll keep it short by saying that food never tasted sooooo good! I savored every bite! And boy, I have so much to be thankful for!!! This year I am most thankful for my FAITH, my FREEDOM (thank you JON & COMRADS!), my FAMILY--- AND modern day convienances that make my life easier! I do feel so spoiled sometimes just knowing that I have a car, dishwasher, washer & dryer, cell phone, digital camera, computer, modern medicine... and the list goes on! My Grandmothers (and some my mother)didn't have so much luxury when they were my age. I have been so blessed!
So my favorite parts of Thanksgiving were being with my sweet family, my friends (that were in town at the same time! Amazing! So great to catch up!) and having so much to be thankful for!
5 comments:
Wow! What a story. Thanks for adding the pictures. ;) I can't believe they didn't even offer a sticker. They surely could have spared one after that bill. And you had a tetnis shot...OUCH. I remember having to have one almost 15 yrs. ago and haven't forgotten how bad it hurts. It's good to know you at least enjoyed your cookie.
My brother had to have a patch to cover one of his eyes. You could tell Owen I want to see pictures of him as a pirate. Not just anyone gets to go to school every day dressed up!
Speaking of School how are preperations for homeschooling coming?
I'm sooo jealous you guys got to do gingerbread houses with Gramma and we weren't there. I'm not sure we're gonna get to them this year. We'll see. Post a picture of your beautiful creations!
It's good to hear you had such a great thanksgiving. We did too. I had most of my family in town. It's always nice when you have those really great moments in life! Love ya!
Wow, I so feel you there, right before you guys came to the cabin I had stabbed myself in the hand between the finger and thumb...lol..I think your's is a good deal worse..I hope you took pictures of the ginger bread houses! Jon ays HI!
Holy moly! That is about 50 times worse than my little sewing incident. I'm am so sorry to hear about your freaky accident!!! And the medical bill. I'm sending happy healing vibes your way so your finger heals asap. And Owen's eye too!
Ouch!!! Okay, I'll admit I laughed when they told you not to go back to give blood. But that looks awful. I hope it feels better soon, and things always seem to work out in the end.
Thanks everybody! I feel so loved!
Post a Comment