


Last week the school nurse called and said Owen didn't pass the the vision screening at school--twice. So, we scheduled an appointment for an eye exam for today. Basically, he has lazy eye and is incredibly far-sighted in his left eye. The eye doctor said that he has probably had it since birth and that he uses his left eye hardly, if not at all! Total shock! Wasn't expecting that one. Owen has shown no signs nor said anything about not being able to see in one eye. So, Owen gets to wear glasses just like his daddy -- He's so excited (for now)!! He will start vision therapy once he has glasses and hopefully we will be able to get some connections to his brain active before permanant damage is done. Yikes! (Owen's showing off the glasses he chose in the picture above.)
By the way, I have been looking into homeschool for Jared. As many of you know, he has had learning challenges. There is a really great program called K12 that I have been looking into for some time now. I think that we are going to try it starting after the Christmas holidays. I know a couple of families close by who are doing it and they love it. If things go well, I might consider it for the rest of the kids, too. Hanna is actually hoping that we do it with her because her best friend from church does it and we would be in her group! I'll keep you posted on how that is going. If any of you have any imput, I'd love to hear it!
2 comments:
Cute glasses. Believe me, we know all about that situation in our family. Hopefully he keeps wearing them so his eyes don't end up like mine!! I'm sorry to hear about Jared, but I think it's great you are actively working towards a solution. I hope it all works out.
Owen, you look so handsome in your glasses!
Tamra, you're so brave to take on a challenge like homeschool. I'm not strong enough for that. I would love to hear more about K12 though. I wish you the best of luck with your adventures.
Post a Comment