




Well, I've been out of the blog circut--again! It is so hard to keep up with everything! I have been very busy with work this past month. I have also been in the throngs of house rearranging. Hanna has moved downstairs into what was once the office. Now the office is in the kitchen on the desk. Jared moved into Hanna's room and the room over the garage is becoming half sewing/craft room, half playroom. So, the house has been turned upside down since August and I am completely overwhelmed with how much stuff has accumulated over the past (almost) 11 years since we've lived in our house. I have gotten rid of sooo much stuff! And yet, We still have more stuff than will fit in that big room. It's so frustrating. I spend more time going thru and organizing than I do actually working on projects. I have so many hobbies and interests that It has gotten out of hand. I need to SIMPLIFY!!!
I actually have downloaded some pictures, so I will show you happy viewers some highlights from the summer and fall. #1 is of Jon, mom and me at the cabin this past weekend. #is the Ockey cousins on a rock. We went camping in AF canyon while Mike and his fam were here in July. #3 Jared at Scout day camp. He launched his rocket the farthest out of all the boys there! He was sooo proud! #4 Hanna and Samantha in August when we had her visit for the weekend. #5 This is a carrot that grew in our garden this year! It has a "tail" (that's what the boys called it! hehehehe!) Too funny not to take a picture of! I will post a few more pics later. I guess I can only post five for now...
Oh, in case you didn't know, I am now in the scouts! While it is a very expensive calling to be in (I spent over $100 on the blasted uniform!) But I just have to have an attitude that it is an investment in the success of the boys! When they see that I am excited about it and show pride in the uniform, they want to, too. They are a good group og boys. Jared just loves scouts! They really do get to do so many fun activities!
These past months we have also had a lot of medical diasters. Spencer had a really bad 4-wheeler accident at the annual Abbegg family shoot-out. The 4-wheeler rolled on him. He broke a rib (maybe two) and about broke his leg. But thankfully, the leg was just a major deep tissue bruise and didn't require a cast. But the poor guy couldn't get comfortable for a month. We bought a new recliner out of Spencer's medical need to sleep! It's really nice and comfy and now the whole family gets to enjoy it now that Spencer is doing better.
The other incident was just this past week of Halloween. We have all had colds. Well, Owen's cold turned into Pnemonia this time. Usually he gets a chronic cough and we take him to the doctor for an albuterol treatment and he gets better. This time, he got better after the albuterol for a day and then he got worse. I had a major sleepless night -- with barf in my hair. Yeah, discusting! Owen went to bed with a tummy ache and fever. I didn't think too much of it until he woke up a couple hours later burning up and throwing up. His temp got up to 105 and he was throwing up all night! The next morning (after Spencer relieved me for a shower), I took Owen straight to the doctors without an appointment. We were there ALL morning! Most of the time was waiting for a another pediatritian to give us a second oppinion as to if we should admit him to the hospital. Well, they decided to give him a shot , some other antibiotics and scheduled an appointment for later that evening. Since the meds did there job and the throwing up stopped we didn't have to admit him. Thank heavens! Now, he is great! Still coughing a little, but back to his bouncy self.
The next morning he was so well, in fact, that I felt that it was okay for me to visit my brother Jon in Idaho before he got deployed again. I took Jared with me and we drove with my mom. Jon and his family rented a great cabin for the weekend. It was sooo nice!! Lots of Rachael's family came, too. It was quite a house full, but so fun! There was even a hot tub. Rachael's brother brought a 4-wheeler and Jared had sooo much fun with his cousins! They spent hours and had so much fun building a tee pee out of fallen trees. They made a pretend fire pit out of rocks and the fire was pine cones. It was soo cute!!
While Jared and I were in Idaho, Our friends came down from Idaho (where they live now ) for thier daughter's baptism. Hanna was so excited to see Samantha! They got to spend time together after the baptism at Samantha's Grandma's house for the rest of the afternoon. It is crazy how fast my little girl is growing up. She is starting to look older to me all of a sudden. I sure hope she doesn't change to much as a teenager. We have so much fun together! Hanna loves to do everthing that I do, and she says her friends think I am so nice and cool. Makes me feel so good! Just a couple of weeks ago, Hanna had a friend over. I was in the kitchen and I could here her friend start talking about a girl in thier school who kissed a boy. Hanna quickly shuushed her. I said loudly, "what, you don't want me to hear that?" Hanna calls back, "NO!" I replied by saying, "I hope you don't think it's okay to start kissing boys yet!! You'd better wait until you are at least 16!" Hanna and her friend were laughing and I was laughing! What could have been an awkward moment was a fun learning moment about morals. She's a good kid, but it scares me what goes on in the real world. Sure hope I help get that armor thick enough!
Well, I have to get back to life now. Hopefully I won't let so much time go by until my next post!
2 comments:
It was so much fun having you guys at the cabin, I hope to do it again before we have to move back to Arizona! I was really glad you were able to bring Jared, Mikey and Cody can't stop talking about thier "cuz". Check out our blog I have a few more of you and your Mom and Jon on there, I can email you more. Love Rachael and Jon.
I'm glad to hear Owen is feeling better. Man, we are so out of the loop or at least I am. I didn't know Spencer got hurt! It's a good thing he didn't get hurt worse. Jared looks "fansome" in his scout uniform- WATCH OUT! (Fansome is a kikism meaning fancy and hansome.) Thanks for sharing your pictures. I can't believe how big the kids are getting. I hope you have a great week and things slow down a bit, but I'm sure that won't happen so enjoy it anyway!
Post a Comment