Monday, April 30, 2007

Highlights of our week

Last week was a busy week, and this week is no different... Some of the highlights of last week...

Owen turned five on Monday!!! He had his first ever real birthday party. It was a space party! (my father-in-law took a bunch of pictures, when I transfer them onto a CD, I'll share) So fun! We had rocket blasters, made flying saucers and got to have their pictures taken as astronauts. Owen got lots of Star Wars stuff--he is so thrilled. He got $21 and guess what he bought with it? More Star Wars stuff! I can't believe my baby is five!


Tuesday and Wednesday were cannery assignments and church meetings.

Thursday was Jared's first ever Pinewood Derby. He came in 9th place (out of 10). Let's just say we learned a lot and will know how to help Jared make a winning car for next year... He had so much fun and that's all that matters, right?! He was a good sport cheering on his friend's cars! By the was, Jared made a snake car! It was shaped like a "S" on the side. I think our problem was weight distribution and wheels, rather than shape. Spencer used melted sauder in drilled out holes for the weight and the wheels were "well loved" (Jared couldn't stop playing with them!) before installation.

Friday we went to my favorite place to eat with Spencer's parents and Rick, Lisa and Taryn! Bajio Grill! I love fresh mex! They treated us for watching Taryn. I tried something new this time which left me dissapointed. I hate that when you try something new and you don't like it! SPencer says I'm boring when I get the same thing all the time. But why change a good thing when you find it?? Next time I will get my flauta bajio!

Saturday was a ward activity--A bikeride on the rivertrail! Spencer and I ended up walking hand in hand with the dog. (which I actually preferred considering that I haven't gotten my bike out for about four years and was dreading the sore leg muscles I knew that I would have after 11 miles) What was supposed to be a quick flat tire fix went wrong Spencer broke two plastic knobs that came with the slime, so he couldn't fix our tires. The kids had so much fun riding their bikes. We were really worried about Owen half the time. His bike is so small, he has to pedal three times as hard and fast to keep up with everyone! He had a moment, but he made it! Spencer spent half of the rest of Saturday fixing our tire so that we could have a family bikeride for FHE tonight. Can't wait!

Can I just tell you what a gorgeous weekend we had!! Man, the weather was great! We have had the windows opened since Saturday. Sunday got a little bit hot, but still wonderfull!! If only it could stay like that all summer... Warm enought to swim in, but not so hot that you can't enjoy being outside!

Welp, I've got to pick Owen up from preschool. He got his Kindergarten shots today, I hope his bumb feels better...

Have a great week!

1 comment:

HOWARD'S said...

What a fun week, busy, but fun. Don't mind Spencer. I eat the same things everywhere I go. Alen always teases me. I agree, why change a good thing.
Happy belated Birthday Owen! We really need to get better about the whole birthday thing.