Friday, July 07, 2006

So much to tell!

Well! I've been back for almost two weeks from our trip to Washington. I have sooo much to catch up on! It might take a couple of blogs for this...
The drive on the way was great for the most part. The boys did pretty well, aside from the fact that I could not help them do anything--because I was driving. For example, the boys about fell apart when I couldn't help them fix the DVD player because the power cord came out! (If someone would have calmed down and followed directions it would have been an easy fix...) Also, the car became a quick mess as the boys pulled everything out of the bags when they needed something... (That drives me NUTS!) The boys thought it was awesome to eat at McD's and get Cars toys on the way, too!
That first night, we stopped off at Debra's for a few days. The boys were right in their element--outside! They played with tadpolls in the big puddle of the motorcycle track pretty much the entire time! We went to church with them and left on Mon. morning. Thanks Debra!
We got to Leslie's house that evening after another decent drive.
We stayed in Washington for about 10 days! While we were there, we went to a couple parks, saw the movie Cars in a fun theater that had booths, and just enjoyed every minute! Jared had a blast playing with his buddy, Christian! Owen enjoyed tormenting Anna! And I thoroughly enjoyed helping Leslie paint her new house, sew, do crafty stuff, etc. Leslie, her girls and I even made it to Seattle on Saturday. That was quite the adventure! But despite the fact that we got lost for about an hour trying to find IKEA with two hungry girls who were tired of being in the van and couldn't find the Pier in Seatle, we had soo much fun! It is one of those fun memories I will never forget!
To be continued...

No comments: