I need to get this blog caught up!! I have a tendency to ramble...
Okay...
We waited in the waiting room of the dealership for about an hour. They had a tv and a basketball hoop thing. The boys were happy, I was anxious. The lady shows back up and askes if we need her. About the same time, the mechanic shows up with a diagnosis for our vehicle. Good new, it can be fixed in about an hour. Bad news, he didn't have the part... and wouldn't be able to get it in until the following afternoon. Paulette (the lady) said, "looks like you need me, let's get your stuff loaded!" So, off we went! With a total stranger! Everything just fell into place! I really feel that My prayers were being answered (sometimes even before I had asked!). Paulette was a very sweet lady, about 60. Her husband was 90, and they had a 36 yr-old son living with them who was an idiot sevant (autistic). Thier son, David, was the perfect companion for the boys. He was like an eleven-yr-old boy. His thing was video games and kids cartoon shows. I even had quite the in-depth discussion about My Little Ponies with him! Paulette is the Humanitarian Aide Specialist in her ward and she put me to work to help the time go by quickly. I sewed about 20 or so 9-patch blocks and a pile of squares together for another quilt. They had the cutest dog and an enclosed backyard with the most beautiful black walnut tree. I also really enjoyed watching Perry Mason, it's been forever since I have seen that show!
When Paulette dropped us off to the dealership the next day, I totally broke down in tears. I was so overwhelmed by their generousity! It really was a humbling experience. I learned to trust my instints and have gratitude.
We were back on the road by 4:30 in the late evening. The car drove great until about Salt Lake City and then the battery light went on. I had to go to the bathroom soooo bad, but I was afraid if I stopped the car I wouldn't be able to start it back up! So I suffered through a full bladder and several freeway parking lots (accidents!) on the short but very long journey home!! WE finally got home about 6:45 pm. Spencer had gone to Bajio grill (my absolute favorite!) for dinner and we had a joyous reunion. I swear Hanna looked older to me--was I gone that long!?
(by the way...It is a good thing I didn't stop! The alternator was dead! Spencer spent just about the entire next day fixing the car...)
I was good to be home...
Thank you Daebra, Leslie & Paulette for being such great hostesses!! We had a great trip! So many fond memories!!
2 comments:
I would love to see pictures of your trip. We really enjoyed having Hanna stay with us. Samantha misses her a lot, and can't wait to see her again. Hopefully soon.
I still can't believe the horrible luck you had on the way home. I feel so terrible that it happened to you guys! I'm glad everything worked out to get you safely home and hopefully your next trip will be much smoother.
Post a Comment