Okay, the last leg of the trip was the longest and most dramatic!
We were sooo excited to get home. The boys and I had been away from Spencer and Hanna for two weeks!! We were missing them so much! Anyway, we had our last (or what was to be our last stop...) in Burley, ID. I let the kids play for an hour at the play place at McD's because they were so restless. I pumped them up, "our next stop will be HOME!!" YippY! And then... We were driving along in the middle of nowhere in ID and SOmething happened suddenly to the car. I knew something was seriously wrong. I drove along for about a mile in panic while the car was slowly losing power and speed. All of a sudden I saw a sign sent from Heaven! "rest area 1 mile." At that moment I knew everything would be okay. I said a prayer of thanks and cruised into the rest stop. I pulled out my cell phone to call Spencer and realized that I had no service. We took care of business in the potty and then hung out for a little while. I had several angels sent to me to help me out. A couple lent me their cell phone that had service (they had Sprint!). I was able to call Spencer and let him know the trauma. He told me to let the car cool off and rest for half an hour and then try to go again. Did that. Almost made it to the freeway. Died before we left the rest area parking lot--thank heavens! So I opened the car back up and I let the boys get out and run around. There were mice to watch run from tree to tree. It was starting to get dark and I had another guy come up to me and offer his cell phone-and a ride to Ogden. I just didn't feel right to leave the car. He arranged for a tow truck and and I thanked him and let him on his way. It wasn't too long before the tow truck came and picked us up. He talked non-stop for the 45 minutes it took us to get to Tremonton. The guy that had made the arrangements even called the tow truck guy to check up on us and make sure we were okay. I thought that was so nice! We checked into at a hole-in-the-wall motel for the night (it was already 11:30 pm by now)--with one bed! Long/short night... The next morning we woke up and walked to the dealership at 7:00 am. Not open yet. Tried again an hour later. Open! Got checked in and they told me that they would call me when they knew what was wrong. I got very restless waiting in the motel. I decided to just check out at about 10:15 and wait in the waiting room at the dealership. That decision led us to our next angel... We were loaded up with the few things we had brought to the motel with us and walked back over to the dealership. As we were walking into the parking lot, someone else was pulling out. The lady stopped, rolled down her window and asked if we needed a ride somewhere. I told her briefly our story. She game me her number and told me to call if I needed a place to stay.
To be continued...
1 comment:
That is quite a story. I can't wait to hear how it turns out.
Post a Comment