I should have learned my lesson the last time... It is a holiday today! The world is out taking their families to the movies--specifically the dollar variety. Last time I tried to take my kids to see Dreamer (which I still haven't seen...) After waiting in a tremendously long line, the movie sold out three families in front of me. So, we got stuck seeing Zathura. It freaked Owen right out! I spent half of the movie in the lobby!
So today we went to see Chicken Little. Phew, getting there 45 minutes early paid off! My mother-in law and sister in-law helped, too. We played tag team for tickets, popcorn and decent seats! We got tickets! (there were only 7 left after us, though!) Anyway, the theater was packed to capacity again. We managed to get our popcorn and find a seat--that wasn't on the front row! But would you believe that Owen got totally scared again and wanted to leave the theater! He DOES NOT like big scary robot things with mean, red eyes!! Okay, there was a half wall in the back of this theater, so I told him to get behind the wall when he was scared. There were 3 other mothers with youngsters back there, too. All of a sudden in the middle of the movie, the lights came on, and everyone in the theater looks back at us mothers to see who did it! We didn't do it! There were no light switches anywhere! The lights were probably on for two whole long minutes! Another fun day at the movies... Always an adventure! Oh, and you can't forget the "I have to go to the bathroom" right after you finally walk out the door! ...it turned out to be a fun (exhausting) day! Chicken Little is a cute movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment