My baby girl is 12! Where did the time go? When I was younger, my mom would sing to us kids constantly. When I was a new mom, my mom made a CD that had all of the songs she would sing to us on it. I think this one song is called Turn Around. She could never make it through to the end of this song without blubbering. I think I now understand why ...
I wish I could figure out how to add my mom singing to this post... I have it on my computer)
"Where are you going my little one, my little one
Where are you going, my baby my own?
Turn around, and you're two,
Turn around, and your four
Turn around and you're a young girl, going out of the door.
Little dirndls and petticoats, oh where have they gone?
Turn around when you're tiny, turn around when your grown
Turn around and your a young wife with babes of your own. Turn around, turn around, turn around and your a young wife with babes of your own. Where are you going my little one, little one Where are you going my baby, my own... Happy birthday, my darling Hanna! P.S. would you please stop growing!!
*I found this cute link that has the actual recording of this song playing in the background and a sweet tribute form mom to daughter...check it out!
http://www.stinalisa.com/Teri.html
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Hanna!
What a sweet song. Doubt I'd be able to make it through without blubbering either.....
Why do kids have to grow up so fast?
What a great post!
Happy Birthday Hanna! I know the Young Women and the YW leaders are excited for you to officially be a Beehive.
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you have a daughter in YW! I still think of Hanna as your cute little daughter and I can't believe 12 years have gone by! Happy birthday to your beautiful, smart, and sweet daughter.
Happy Birthday Hanna! She is such an incredible girl; i mean, young woman. That was a beautiful tribute.
Post a Comment