Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The Halloween Open House of all Halloween Open Houses

In case you didn't know, my Mother-In-Law in the Queen of Halloween! She throws the biggest party on Halloween Night! She has enough food for the masses! This year was my FAVORITE year ever! We were able to invite a few friends: My kindred spirit Laura B. (who was my VT companion years ago) and the C. family (neighbors two houses down from us). We were able to invite my brother Alen and his family and my sister Sherilee and her family. My mother was unable to go because whe was still recovering from her foot surgery and my grandparents had a previous engagement. But, of course, the entire O. clan was there to enjoy as well! Not to mention the bazillion other people that I didn't know!

Here is a mere sampling of the food... I didn't even take pictures of the downstairs table or the "juice bar"



I had the best time catching up with Laura and then with Marci and my sister & sister-in-law. Spencer, Gary and my brother Alen yapped the night away talking politics and American History. Spencer said that it was his favorite year, as well! The kids had the best time running all over the place with thier cousins and friends and Trick-or-treating in a fun neighborhood that gives out king-sized candy bars and cans of pop! Just what they need!

Here is me and Laura. I always forget to take pictures at the open house, but I was determined to remember this year! I haven't gotten a picture with Laura in YEARS!


Marilyn, my sister-in-law was my favorite costume! She had a pillow tucked into her pants, had curlers in her hair and was wearing p.j.'s and a bathrobe. SOOOO CUTE! I am a party pooper, I didn't dress up...


Here is my brother-in-law Mark with his son Ryder--the CUTEST scarecrow EVER! So sad that Myia's head was turned, she was darling as well...


Of course, I think I gained 5-10 pounds! You see, we are the benefactors of all the leftovers! I have enough ham and dessert in my freezer for about 6 meals! The past several days we have been having leftovers. I have actually been craving fresh foods, so I picked up one of those enormous bags of carrots at Costco when I was there on Saturday and I have been juicing to try to balance out the junk intake. It truely makes a difference how I feel!

Well, I took down Halloween inside today. I have yet to take down my Witchy Poo from outside, though. It decided to rain pretty good today, so I'll save that for another day... I did however trudge through the rain to go VOTE today! Hope you did, too!!

1 comment:

Gregfox said...

Yeah your Mother-In-Law in the Queen of Halloween,I vote 1 hehehehe...
nice party....