Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Changes


The kids are all in school. I only took a picture of Owen on his first day, and it was when I picked him up, so his shirt is untucked and everything. So far, so good. Hanna and Owen like their new schools. I ran into an old high school friend (Celesta!) at Owen's school curriculum night. It was such a blast from the past and so fun to see her. Not everyday that I run into friends from Nebraska!

Jared loves homeschool. I am struggling. I just don't think I am cut out for it anymore... Jared is just not improving academically and he is falling farther and farther behind. We truely love our time together and it makes me sad that I am just not good enough for him... It has been a hard, discouraging week for me. I actually took Jared to the Sylvan Learning Center today for an evaluation. I really wish that I knew how to help him. I wish I knew how to find resources that could help and not cost an arm and a leg--literally.

Here is some great news! The cousins have finally moved here!! Spencer's brother, Mike, and his family arrived Aug 21st and they just got moved in this past weekend. My brother, Alen, and his family got here in July so that Alen could get ready for school (he is a History teacher at the new Charter school in Eagle Mountain). They are still living with my mom and are still looking for a house. We have gotten together with each of them on a few occations now and are loving having them so close!




And for one of the biggest changes of all! My HAIR! I finally had 10 inches to cut off to donate to Locks of Love!!! Yipee!!! I feel so light and bouncy!! When Valerie was done, she looked at me and said, "now there's the Tamra I know!" I just love it. I can just wash and go -- literally! All I have to do is run a little product thru it and violla! Getting ready is so much faster!!! So happy! I need to have someone take a picture of me with it dry sometime soon. Just look at the natural wave kick into high gear!







Well, I guess another big change would be our house. We have almost completed all of the big projects on our list to get it ready to put on the market. Our goal is the 15th--5 days away... I will have to post pictures of the progress when I take them. We are not committed to moving, we just want to have things ready for the chance that this is what we are supposed to do... We shall see!

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

That is a lot of changes. What school are Hanna and Owen attending? Samantha sure misses Hanna. I hope things improve with Jared. Heidi had Tyler do some Math at Sylvan and it is horribly expensive. I like the hair. I had no idea it had gotten so long. I guess I haven't seen you in forever. That's not cool. We'll have to stop by next time we're in town.

Rachel said...

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with Jared. It is hard isn't it? And yet, I see such wonderful changes in him as a person. He has really blossomed. You've done a wonderful job thus far. Don't give up! I'm joining you with Kirsten now. :o)

Chastina said...

I love your hair! Vin misses Owen at school. I also hope things improve with Jared.

Alisa said...

So cute! I love it!