AC 24 (Akela's Council, session 24), was chuck full of classes that taught us how to be better leaders. There were sessions on Flag etiquette, in which we retired a flag. I have never seen that done, so I was especially touched at that one. There were also sessions on fire etiquette, nature, astrology, and of course, many on official BSA guidelines... We did a ton of fun stuff, too. Like pinewood derby's, raingutter regatta, cubanapolis, and you can't forget the crafts! I made a slide holder for all of the neckerchief slides my Den leader gave me! SO FUN! The Staff made even what would be the dull classes fun by dressing up in costume and putting on a show. Elvis even made an appearance! I could go on and on. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but here are some...
Here is Kathy, the Cubmaster, as Mother Earth! Get a load of her hive! Love it!

I got to be the assistant Cubmaster for the mock Pack Meeting that we put on. The theme was "Jurassic Pack." We were being cavewomen...

Here is the kitchen staff holding up their signs. They went on strike! It was so funny! We had a scavenger hunt to find pieces of our breakfast, then we had to cook it! We has eggs, ham and cheese in a baggie cooked in a pot of boiling water, bananas, and bagels with cream cheese. So yummy! I ate sooo much food at AC 24, that my jeans were tight on the last day! (the signs say,"we sleep you lose weight we both win!" "we're on STRIKE unfair work conditions too many bugs!" I can't read the third, but there were signs all over the lodge! Some of them were pretty funny!)

Here is the pinewood derby and cubanapolis.(by the way, I won the cubanapolis, but only because one of the other racers wiped out...)


One of the highlights of the week for me was being honored by Allan, one of the staff. He made the walking stick I am holding and presented it to me for going the extra mile at the craft session that he was doing. I am a quick crafter and went over to help with making slide holders for the staff when I was done with all the crafts I wanted to do. It was so generous of him. And I have been told quite an honor to be a recipient of one of his walking sticks!

Here is my AWESOME denleader DEB!!! She was so fun! She got to be a rockstar for one of the sessions. My idol!


For one of the sessions, we got to learn effective ways to enjoy nature with the boys. A gal in my den, KC, is observing a dragonfly in a net.

Here is a shot of part of my den right before we said goodby. There were five of us in the Cheyenne Tribe. GO PURPLE PRIDE! And DEB was our denleader. We had such an awesome creative group! Kevin is not pictured here because he had to leave the night before. Sharlett left before this picture, as well. So, I included a picture of Sharlette holding up her doodle. KC is the one wearing a bandana and Peggy is the tall one.


Here is our group with our den flag before Sharlette left. Notice the dreamcatcher in the upper left hand corner of the flag?! We also burned our initials into the branches. It was really awesome. It says "light the fire, raise scouts higher." There was a lot of symbolism with the butterfly in our den, as well. So proud!

Well. It's good to be home. The first thing that Owen said to me when I walked thru the door was, "MOM! You're not dead!" Apparently, the kids had a rough time with me being gone so long. They were expecting me to call every night to tell them I loved them and goodnight -- like I have in the past. When I didn't do that after the first night, they thought I died. I was so sad that they suffered so in my absence! I assured them that I would have called if I could had!
I tiled my bathroom floor last night and am sore. Hanna's in school. Jared and Owen start tomorrow. I just gave them haircuts. Life is trying to get beck to normal... Is that even normal?
No comments:
Post a Comment