Thursday, October 26, 2006

Fall is here!

So, I've read three new posts from my blogging friends today. I figure I need to give them something new to read about me! It's been awhile again...

The last couple of weeks have been hard! Owen has been coughing again. The doctor thinks he might be asmatic. Fun. The medicine he is taking is helping, but he is still coughing -- just not the coughing fits that leave him breathless. We seem to go thru this with Owen at least every six months. He gets a cough, it lasts for a month, then goes away. Very frustrating! I feel so helpless and I just want to make it better and fix it, but don't know how.

What has made this past week particularly tough, is that I've been sick, too! I thought I had strep throat. But, the test was negative. Good, but I have still felt like CRAP! I am feeling better today, but two days ago it was painfull to breath! You really take stuff like breathing for granted when all of a sudden it is hard to do. And If it's not hard enough to be sick, I've had to take care of each of my sick children in turn this week. Owen, of course... then Hanna, and today Jared is home from school with a sore throat, too. I have sure missed the good 'ol days when my mom would take care of me when I was sick. I didn't have to get up or lift a finger! Who takes care of mom when mom is sick????? Okay, but the worst part of this week is that my microwave decided to die!!!! Ahhhh!!! Another thing I have taken for granted!! What a pain to have to heat up water on the stove every time I needed to gargle or make myself some lemon herbal tea with honey in it. I always get the water too hot and then I need to let it cool down. Only when I remember to get back to it, the water is too cool. I got lazy yesterday and just set my mug on the burner. STUPID!!!! Did you know that if you do that to your mug, it could explode?! Okay, it didn't explode -this time- but it did crack right in half and leave me with a terrible mess of hot tea all over the place. I sliced my thumb with the mug as I was throwing it away, too. Boy was it a gusher!

On a more pleasant note... Don't you just love Fall!? I do! I love the colors, then the rustle of leaves once they fall to the ground. I also love that it gets cooler outside. It means it's time to decorate for Halloween! It gets me excited for all of the fun to come with Halloween, and then Thanksgiving, and then Christmas!! Oh, boy!

I think I'll end for today on that note! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so excited to see a new post from you! Sorry to hear about you getting sick though. That's the pits. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

HOWARD'S said...

I HATE to sick. It sounds like you had what I went through about a month ago. It took forever to get over it. Alen says moms don't get sick. Then when it happens he says it doesn't happen very often or get very bad. YEAH RIGHT! I think you can agree that we get sick and it's miserble sometimes but we have no other choice then to be MOM. Take some time for yourself and get better! I'll be thinking of you.