Big news to share!!! We are going to Disneyland!!!!
We have been telling the kids for years now that someday we would take them to Disneyland... We thought we were going to go last year, and then Owen fell out of the window. $1,700+ later, our vacation fund was depleted to nothing! So, we started over. I must admit, that we still don't have the money to go. But due to a GENEROUS employer (thanks Daron!), a company trip is in the works! (Almost) all expences paid! (we can afford the part that's not included-food and souveniers) We will go in a week from today! I can hardly believe it. All this has come about so fast! But, I couldn't be more excited! And I don't think I have to tell you how the kids feel about going to Disneyland!!
I haven't had the Disney experience myself since I was 13-years-old! I lived in Florida from age 5-13, so I went to Disney World quite often. I am so glad that my kids can now finally experience the magic! I also haven't seen the ocean in quite a long time! When I was 16, we visited Florida again. But there was a red tide, so we couldn't enjoy the beach. (a red tide is when dead fish are washed up on the shore en mass! It is a stincky and bloody mess!) So, I am also very excited to go to the beach, although it might be chilly still to fully enjoy. Jared has a lot of anxiety about the ocean, though. He had a bad nightmare just last week that he fell into some water and a shark got him. I told him that I would stay on the shore and build sandcastles with him!
Well, I might not write again before we go, it depends. But I'm sure I will have lots to share upon our return! Have a great week!
Tamra
2 comments:
I can't believe you guys finally get to go! I hope you have a great trip.
I'm sooooooooooooooooo excited for you all! If anyone deserves a super duper fun trip, it is you! Can't wait to see your pics when you get back.
p.s. I'm coming to visit April 3-11 for spring break.
Post a Comment