
Costumes are ordered. I am off the hook!
Originally, Jared wanted to be a banana for Halloween. A BANANA!?! Today, I told him that I need to know FOR SURE what he wants to be because I need to get sewing! We have been looking through the Costume Express magazine and online for ideas for weeks now. I came accross the glowing stick man costume and knew Jared would love it! He did! Happy day! Actually, Owen wants to be a glowing stick man, too! So, I ordered them and now I have two less costumes to sew! When Hanna gets home from band, I'm hoping she has decided what she wants to be.
I have always loved sewing the kids costumes. They always turn out so cute! They always get a ton of compliments and feel really special. And, I save a ton of money! Last year, Jared was Mario and Owen was Luigi. I didn't even use a pattern and I made them for about $10 each! Gloves, hats and all! (I found the hats in the clearance section at walmart for 50 cents each!) Hanna was a hippi. All that I made for her was a vest, a peace necklace and a head band thing. And since I didn't post last year, here you go!


I am going to have a pretty awesome costume this year, too! Generally, I throw something together last minute before we head out for the evenings festivities. I am always too busy helping the kids with their costumes and such. But this year, I inherited a super cool shawl and some jewelry from Spencer's grandma when she passed away. The other day I found the perfect skirt at DI to go with it. I am going to be a gypsi type witchy woman! I think it will turn out cool! Pictures to come!
Spencer just got home, I need to help him with Pack meeting prep and pull something together for dinner. Um, maybe I should have started that sooner... But guess what I did get done today! I bottle some peaches! Yum!
1 comment:
I say bottling peaches is very productive. I think simple inexpensive costumes are the best.
Post a Comment