*My Lilac tree didn't disappoint this year! I LOVE it when the lilacs are in bloom! I leave my kitchen window open so that the breeze can waft the fragrance into the house. There will be lilacs in heaven, you know!


and tulips...

*Mother's day was such a treat! I got breakfast in bed! Spam and eggs. Yeah. I have such sweet kids!


*Interesting piano recital this year. Grandma is Hanna and Jared's piano teacher. This was her 30 year anniversary teaching. She wanted to have her grandkids start off the recital with a bang. Well, it didn't run so smoothly... Jared did a prelude piece, but he was such a bundle of nerves that he started on the wrong chord and fell apart and couldn't do his actual piece when it was time. (Grandma got a private showing after the recital and he played flawlessly.) The cousins didn't even want to perform, but ended up mustering the courage randomly through the recital. Hanna played Memory from Cats beautifull. She is a great performer and plays with just the right feeling. It turned out great despite the drama! Jared got a trophy! Hanna got a special recognition award and we celebrated afterwards at Chuck-a-Rama!





*Owen's school had a music festival this month where every grade did a performance. Owen's grade did the May Pole. I remember doing that when I was about in third grade. They were so cute! The teachers had to do "traffic control" or they would have been crashing into eachother!

Owen was being such a goof waiting for it to start! He was wrapping himself up in the ribbon!

Owen and his buddies at school.

*An update on my brother... David is doing awesome! He endured almost two months of dialysis, and the doctors have now pretty much given his kidneys a clean bill of health. I am not at liberty to go into all the details, but I will say this... He is a living miracle!! He has truely been a wonderful example to me! I have come to understand the Atonement on a whole new level. I am so proud to be his sister! Love you so much, David!
*We took a little family camping vacation to Moab at the beginning of May. It was so fun!! Here are some highlights...
The kids helped dad set up the tent. I just took pictures...

The kids helped dad start the fire. I just took pictures...

CATERPILLARS WERE EVERYWHERE! I just grossed out, and then took more pictures! (this is a mere sampling!)


Here the boys are searing the caterpillars with their fire sticks!

We had a contest to see who could get the most caterpillars in their cup. Before we could count them, they stuck their cups in the fire...

The kids had a blast in the pool at our campsite!

We went to Arches National Park. It was such a perfect day to be there! It was still chilly and windy. But perfect for going on hikes and seeing the sites! We got a few sprinkles here and there and there was a downpour while we were safe and sheltered in the visitors center. A perfect day!
We liked to spot the caves in the rocks on our drive!

Owen is pretending to be a "sandpeople"







I seriously took so many pictures! This is just a preview of the fun we had! Come over and I will show you a book that I made of our trip. It is really cool! I had a free book coupon from Inkley's that was about to expire, so I decided to make a whole book of our adventures!
*Owen is so silly! he wanted me to take pictures of him playing with the bubbles in the bath!


*We had a great Memorial Day! Another beautiful day! Always reflective of my Dad and others that have passed on.
Our Memorial Day tradition is to spend the morning with Spencer's family and the evening with my family.
We go to the Provo cemetary about 11ish to see Russel's grave (Spencer's brother that died only a couple of days old), and then head over to the Trolly Resteraunt for lunch with the O family. This year, we headed over to Mike's afterwards to hang out. All the kids got a bike ride on Mike's new wheels. So fun!
At Russel's grave





We take up the entire trolly!








Here are my kids on Mike's bike




At my Dad's grave
I bring Dad's teddy bear to put on his grave. He gave it to me when I was a little girl. I used to sleep with it. You can even see one of the patches on it's paw. I loved it to shreds...





My Opa and Uncle Rick



Several of the graves were grown over, everyone was going around and cleaning up the grave markers that were neglected

*I love Sunday's, The kids play together so well! Yesterday, they were doing one of their favorite things--dress-ups! Well, it was more like Hanna dressing Jared and Owen up! This was our favorite! Blackmail material for sure!

*Hanna wore a new dress yesterday. She looked "pretty as a poppy" --just had to play photographer and take some pictures!




*Last night we had our monthy Family Home Evening at our house. Oma and Opa talked about what it was like to live during the Dust Bowl and Depression Days. It led into preparedness and gratitude for the luxuries that we enjoy today. I wish I would have set up the video camera...




*Today is my anniversary! 14 YEARS! Wow! Seriously, it only gets better! Over these past two months, I have really fallen in love with Spencer on a whole new level! He has been my hero and support thru all the challenges that my family has been facing lately. We are going to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate. I'm in the mood for a good steak! My brother and sister-in-law took the kids home with them last night. Spencer and I went for a walk and watched a movie together--something we haven't done since I started working in the evenings. It was so nice! And, I was able to sleep in as long as I wanted this morning! And I've gotten my blog all up to date! Been a good day so far!
4 comments:
Great post! Love the blackmail pics.
Wow! Life is busy, I'm impressed you got to blogging about it.
I loved the update. Happy Anniversary, and I know you're birthday is coming up too so Happy Birthday as well. We would really love it if you guys could come down and visit sometime. Samantha talks about all the things she's going to do with Hanna when she visits, so it's already in the works, even if the date is unclear.
wow im glad that you guys had a great time!!! and i love your pics by the way
Post a Comment