Saturday, February 28, 2009

Epiphany

I am taking a break from cleaning...

While I am cleaning I am usually grumbling under my breath. "I handed this to her to put away, not to relocate it!" "Why do I find socks stuffed behind the couch, under the beds, in my sewing basket, in the dress-up bucket, etc....!" "Why can't kids put away the movie they are done with before they get out a new one?" "Why do I spend 4 hours cleaning to have no evidence of my labor by the end of the day, or 15minutes later for that matter?"

All of a sudden while I was vacuuming and grumbling, I had the thought come to me... A clean house is a empty house. Isn't that the truth! That really got me thinking. While I LOVE to have my quiet moments--ALONE--in a clean house! After a couple of hours, I much prefer to have my family around me... even if they are messy. I am, of course, perfect picking up after myself! (I can hear my husband laughing!) Just kidding, I'm not perfect in this department, either... Darn!

So, what I am saying is that I guess I would prefer to have a not so clean house that is full of happy noises and my family, than a clean house all the time that is empty and quiet. I would get awful lonely living with my perfect clean self!!

4 comments:

A GAL NEEDS... said...

So true that Tamra! You are da best!

Melissa said...

Thanks for posting this. This truthful reminder may need to be posted to my fridge.

Rachel said...

Isn't that the dang darn truth???

Kirsten said...

I'm afraid I like to be lonely in my perfectly clean house. It keeps me sane. I need to remember that my kids won't care when they are older that our house was always clean. You are so good with your kids.