Friday, January 30, 2009

Exciting News!

I got a job!!

I will be a Document Preservation Specialist at The Generations Network. I will be working from 8-midnight, Monday through Friday. This is so perfect because this job will not interfere with family stuff! I will still be able to take kids to school, pick them up, take them to lessons, make dinner, be home and available to my family when they need me, be home during Summer vacation, etc., etc., etc. I am so excited! If I HAVE to have a job, this is a perfect job for me!

You might be wondering what I will be doing... The Generations Network is a company that has many geneological products and services. They have a magazine (ancestry)and several websites such as rootsweb.com, myfamily.com, geneology.com, and ancestry.com. So basically, my job will be to scan and edit documents that will be available to view on the websites.

I start on Monday!!! So excited! This is such a great company and I feel awesome that I can contribute to helping people with their geneology. Hey, maybe I'll catch the bug!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow - that sounds like such a great job, too! I think that would be so cool to look at old documents and geneology. The hours are perfect to still preserve family time. Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes.

Chastina said...

Congrats! That sound like a pretty great job, and decent hours also.

A GAL NEEDS... said...

Tamara that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you! Plus, working in the geneology field is wonderful. I look forward to hearing how you enjoy this.

HOWARD'S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HOWARD'S said...

Are you ready for your first day? Good Luck!

Rachel said...

This is awesome news! What a great blessing. Good luck today on your first day of work!!!

Melissa said...

Congrats! Are they hiring? I know of someone that is might be looking for something like that.

Kirsten said...

I keep forgetting to tell Marshall he needs to get the key box from your house. I promise we will get to it. Samantha was excited to hear from Hanna. What was she in the paper for?