





Been too long again...
Last night my husband came home from playing dodge ball with the boys to inform me that it was snowing. Isn't it supposed to be Spring? April SHOWERS bring May flowers? It is too cold for this time of year! All of my plants are confused! I haven't even planted my garden yet! Please cooperate weather!
I find myself looking foward to the end of this new month. Bye bye Kindergarten schedule that breaks up my days into two hour increments! Bring on the Summer Fun!
We don't have any huge plans this summer--as far as traveling anywhere goes. We do have tickets to the Stadium of Fire! Spencer can't wait to see Glen Beck and the Blue man group and the kids can't wait to see Miley Cyrus. It should be a great show this year!
Another thing that excites me greatly thinking about summer... My brother, Alen & family are moving here!!! Spencer's brother, Mike & family are moving back!!! The cousing factor is going from 2(almost 3) to 10(almost 12)!!!! I can't wait, my kids can't wait. I look foward to all the family fun that awaits!!!
Since my last post, we have celebrated a few more birthdays! Hanna turned 11 in March. We had both Mike & Alen's families in town arount that time, and so it was fun to celebrate with them! It was also Mike's big 4-0, cousin Rachel's and my mom's bithday, so we had lots of birthday celebration in the month of March!. We had two cousin sleepovers, and Hanna also has a small sleepover with her best friends. One of the big birthday highlights for Hanna was a visit from Samantha, who took her out for a surprize outing for the day. They went to see Disney on Ice and out to eat and then she got to spend the rest of the day playing with her until it was time to pick her up for a surprize birthday celebration for Grandma H! (That was the day Alen got into town. She didn't know that he was coming! It was so fun!)
A couple weeks after Hanna's birthday, during Spring break, Hanna decided she was finally ready to get her ears pierced. I took her and her friends to the mall and she actually did it! After the trauma she went thru before, I thought she would suffer through clip earings the rest of her life! But one of her friends was able to convince her that it really didn't hurt. And she had another friend decide to get her's done at the same time. So, with all that support, she was able to be tough! Afterwards, we went to McD's for sundays to celebrate! For the next several days, she went around saying, "I'm so happy I did it!"
Owen turned six years old two weeks ago. My baby is six! snif*snif* Owen got a bike! He is so happy! He learned how to ride a bike when he was like four on a neighbors little bike. So he is very excited to have his very own brand new bike!!!
His Pokemon party was in sane! Remind me never to do a party right after school again... I had such a hard time keeping them coralled and focused on the activity at hand. But Owen had so much fun with his friends!
Owen will hopefully be done with his eye therapy in time for summer, we will know at his next follow up in a month.
Jared is doing well in school. He really loves it! I still hope that I am getting thru to him. I have definately seen moments where I know that he is getting something out of it. For example... He had to write a report on the Kiwi bird. Randomly, one day while he was playing with Owen, he started to tell Owen about the Kiwi. It was a cool moment for me. He still strugles with the same stuff, but I do think he is improving. I am learning a ton, that's for sure!
Jared started baseball recently, as well. He is loving it! He really is a powerhouse. When he connects with that ball, wow! Strong boy!
Now for my exciting news! I have my year suppy!! We have been working really hard over the past year to get our food supply & such caught up. Just organizing it all was feat! I found so many bags of flour in my crawl space! I had over three years worth of flour! Anyway, it is a real good feeling to know that if something happens we definately would not starve!!
I have included a few pics from when cousins were here. Didn't I take pictures of Alen? I know I did on my camera phone, but I don't see any on my regular camera. Drats!! Also, I love the moment I caught on film of Spencer reading to the boys!
3 comments:
It's so fun to hear your update and all the fun family comings and goings. I loved seeing the photos too!
Happy Birthday to Owen. I told Scott on the 24th it was Owen's b-day and he was begging to drive down to see him. He made a big impression on him. I love the picture of Spencer and the boys. Hope to see you soon. If you have nothing to do you can always drive up to IF for a weekend this summer. I don't know what we'd do, but it's always fun to see you.
Sounds like you been busy and having lots of fun. We enjoyed visiting you as well. We can't wait to get out there. Just keep us in your prayers so our house will sell! I love the pic of Spencer and the boys!
Post a Comment