My great friend Leslie Tagged me to share 5 random things about me! So here you have it:
1. I love to look at house plans! When I look at them, in my mind I tweek them to make them perfect for my family, or label them as "not something that I would build." When we build our next home (hopefully someday...), I already have the perfect plan ready!!! It is not a whole lot bigger than what I live in now, but it has main level living so that when I'm old I won't have to truck up and down the stairs all day with my bad knees!
2. I love digital scrapbooking! Only, I don't know how to use Adobe Photoshop... Spencer gave me some software that is very user friendly for Christmas the year before last. Scrapbooking is not entirely a burden anymore!! Now if I could just figure out how to organize my photos and be diciplined with my time enough to work on it on a regular basis--I might get caught up in my lifetime!! I did get an entire year done in about three months... not bad (and it didn't occupy my kitchen table for all that time either!)!!
3. I am over-ambitious. I get big ideas and want to do all these great projects and stuff. About half way into it, I realize that I have over done it again and either set it aside to join the other over-ambitious projects, or give up, or majorly cut corners to get it done. Which is really hard sometimes! I like to finish what I start before I move onto the next thing! Not to mention, I have a motto that states, "anything worth doing is worth doing right."
4. When my kids are around, I am not very productive. I love having my kids around me--don't get me wrong!! But, I just can't seem to multi task very well when they are around. All my focus and energy is on them. I guess that's not entirely a bad thing, right? It's just that sometimes I forget to do other things that are important...
5. The grand finale... What is the last random thing? I don't like clutter! I feel overwhelmed with too much stuff!! I like simplicity! Like my friend Leslie, I don't have a problem with purging stuff. However, that causes conflict in my home. Spencer is sentimental about everything... Hanna is a pack-rat! So, I have to live in all this insanity of stuff because I can only purge my things and have to leave it up to everyone else to take care of their things! Did I mention that Spencer is a dumpster diver!? He brings home stuff/junk from the shop's dumpster all the time. I'll admit, some of the stuff has been usefull (like the case of tinfoil, or the six yard piece of calico) but for the most part, I tell him that, "it was in the garbage for a reason!"
There you have it! Who should I tag now??? I will tag: Debra, Marilyn, Kori, Rachel, and Kristy! Can't wait to read about your randomness!
Leslie posted a picture of her in her youth. Fun idea, I will see if I can find something fun, too!
1 comment:
Tamra, you are so awesome. You are always doing projects, and teaching your kids and just handling everything. I think that is a great quality to have. I'm sure Marshall wishes I possesed more of it.
Post a Comment