
We picked up our new puppy last night. Her name is Candy! She is a Miniature Schnauzer. Isn't she sweet!
Spencer has been telling the kids that we would get a dog for over a year now. Last summer we attempted to get a puppy. His name was Toby. He was a very LARGE 6-week-old, half Dalmation, half Labradore puppy! After we picked him up, we knew we ad made a mistake... I about died when I saw the size of his parents!! Spencer had seen the pups previously, and even he was shocked when he saw how much Toby had grown since the last time he saw him. Let's put it this way, if we had kept him, he would probably be as big as me by now!!! I am not even kidding! Toby lasted three whole days before we took him back to the owner to find him a new home. We are not a large family dog!!!
This time, we did our homework! We knew we wanted a small dog. We wanted it to be an inside dog. We looked into several diferrent breeds. My first pick was actually a Westie, but they were just tooo much money. Spencer did a job for a family in Highland that had a Pregnant Schnauzer last fall. He kept in touch, and that is how we got our sweet Candy!! She is a purebred with papers and everything. We are so thrilled! So far, we think we have totally made the right choice. Everything I have heard about this breed of dog is positive. Candy is also doing very well at house training. We have had her for a little over twenty-four hours now and she has only had two small accidents! She plays so good with the kids! She is also such a good snuggly puppy! The kids wear her out and then I get to snuggle with her as she rests! It is so fun! It's like having another baby!
Welcome to the family Candy Baby!!
2 comments:
Hi, this is Samantha. I think your dog Candy is really cute. I can't wait to see it. I'm glad that she is so cute.
What a cute dog. Maybe one day I can convince Alen to get us a dog. For now I think we have our hands full with the human babies we bring home :)! Anyway, congrats on the puppy. Have fun!
Post a Comment